There isn’t a single building manager in Sydney — or anywhere else — that isn’t always on the lookout for ways to save on their energy costs and increase the efficiency of their energy system. It doesn’t matter if you use coal, oil, gas or solar — you want to save as much money as you can. Fortunately, there are many ways of doing so. Chief among them is an energy management system. This system, when used right, can help you increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your HVAC systems by finding the least expensive form of energy use.
That being said, an energy management system isn’t a “set it and forget it” system. It requires experts to create and manage, and at Glenco, that’s where we can help.
What Is an Energy Management System?
An energy management system is a computer-aided system that is designed to monitor a customer’s energy use. These devices can be used in a variety of settings and achieve significant savings for customers who use energy in industrial or commercial settings. When used properly, these systems can find where a customer is using energy unnecessarily and where major improvements can be made that will result in less energy consumption, thus allowing the customer to achieve additional savings. Furthermore, an energy management system can help a customer find more efficient energy sources. It may also help them identify better utility use plans.
One of the greatest misnomers about energy management systems is that they are automatic. You select a vendor, install an energy management system, and reap the savings. Businesses often expect that these systems will run on their own and make it easy for them to find ways to save money, more or less putting the idea of saving money on energy on auto-pilot and guaranteeing that they can make huge savings in terms of their overall energy consumption.
The reality of a smart energy management system is much more complex and nuanced. There is no question about it: an energy management system can help you find ways to save money. However, it is not automatic. In fact, quite the opposite is true. The data generated by an energy management system will be mostly automatic, yes. However, interpreting that data — and deciding what to do with it — is very different.
Once a smart energy management system is operating, you will be able to tell where you need to make improvements to your energy use. Depending on the efficacy of the system that you use, it may be able to make recommendations about when you can use energy at different times, as well as where there are less expensive energy consumption plans available. However, you will still need access to expert and highly-trained staff to interpret the data and make specific recommendations. Furthermore, you may need access to the scalability that certain Sydney companies can bring to the table. After all, companies that are true professionals in this area should be able to help you identify plans that make the most sense for you, given your business. This means that you need a smart energy management system — and one that is run by highly trained and experienced staff.
Benefits of an Energy Management System
The benefits of a smart energy management system are extensive. They include:
- Finding specific areas where you are wasting energy in your business, then using expert advice to identify new ways to better use energy and save money.
- Depending on your specific energy goals, you may be able to switch to forms of energy that are more environmentally friendly or more efficient for your business use.
- Identify energy use patterns and help you to optimize those patterns around what works best for your business and staff, thus resulting in an improvement to your staff’s well-being and comfort. This, in turn, can boost the productivity of your staff and your business.
- Customized and specific recommendations about how you can make energy improvements.
- Provides you with a central point of access for your overall energy use, making it easy for you to find specifics on how your business is using energy.
- Provision of constant, up-to-date information about the status of the energy grid, including potentially giving you warning about blackouts.
- Providing you with significant increases in your transmission capacity, thus enabling you to use more energy without making major upgrades.
- Access to highly-trained staff that can make specific recommendations to you and your business.
As you can see, a smart energy management system needs more than just a quick installation. You need experts to manage the system, monitor it, upgrade it on a regular basis, and ensure that you are getting the most out of it at all times. This means that you need to be actively engaged in ensuring that your system is giving you the biggest benefit possible, and this means that you need experts on hand for the installation and monitoring of your energy management system.
If you are looking for professional help with energy management with decades of experience in this field, Glenco is here. We have highly professional trained staff that are here to meet your energy management needs.
Fill out this short form to request a callback, and let us help save you money and manage your energy more efficiently.