Having a switchboard that complies with Australian Standards is essential if you want to complete most electrical upgrades in your property. We are able to send out a highly skilled and qualified switchboard upgrade electrician to your door. Most switchboard upgrades will involve installing safety switches on your switchboard. We have completed thousands of these jobs over our many years in business.
- ✓ Operating since 1988
- ✓ Lifetime labour warranty on all work
- ✓ Highly skilled fault finding electrician team
- ✓ Unparalleled knowledge and experience
What are safety switches?
Safety switches are devices that are installed onto your switchboard. These Residual Current Devices will instantly shut down power if they detect a fault, helping prevent serious electric shock. The circuit is automatically and quickly disconnected as soon as it detects the electrical current is unbalanced. In simple terms, if there is a problem on the circuit that could cause a safety issue, the device shuts that power off and keeps you and your family safe.
Advantages of safety switches:
- Safety switches can detect small faults that will shut power off before giving anyone a shock.
- Your electrical system is up to date and ready to go if you want to carry out any new installations in your property.
- Safety switches are mandatory in all properties for new installations or existing upgrades nowadays by the various national electrical authorities.
Things to keep in mind when having safety switches installed:
- Always have a licensed, professional, and qualified electrician be the one to work on your switchboard. Never DIY electrical work.
- An upgrade of your switchboard is a great option, however it is good to be aware that pre-existing earth leakage ...