At Glenco we don’t mess around with fire safety. We want you, your home, your family and your colleagues protected at all costs. That’s why we offer a fire extinguisher installation and maintenance service to Greater Sydney, because we know that this is a tool that saves lives. If you want impeccable fire safety in your homes, then a fire extinguisher is a necessity. We have you covered when it comes to fire extinguisher maintenance as well as replacement and installation of fire extinguishers.
We’d particularly recommend a fire extinguisher in your domestic kitchen. Many small fires that end up growing into something more deadly start in the kitchen. A fire extinguisher will protect you in the eventuality of a cooking fire breaking out, keeping your home and family safe.
Fire extinguishers are required in most commercial properties. You will need a professional and reliable fire extinguisher installer available to be able to install these devices for you. It is important that anyone in the vicinity also know how to use these, so ensuring everyone in the property has fire safety training is also a good call.
Glenco can help with;
- fire extinguisher installation
- fire extinguisher replacement
- fire safety training
- And many more fire safety services.
We’ll help you stay compliant and most importantly, stay safe from fires. We’ve been operating in Greater Sydney since 1988, and have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience about the best products and methods of staying safe from fires. Get in touch with us now on 02 9700 996, and one of our knowledgeable technicians will answer your questions.
Fire Extinguisher Service
Glenco are proud to offer a fire extinguisher service to ensure high level fire protection in commercial and residential properties around Greater Sydney. Fire and your safety is a priority for us, so as well as offering fire extinguisher replacement and installation we also offer fire safety training.
Fire Extinguisher Installation
Although fire extinguishers are a simple to use and effective means of extinguishing a fire, there are some serious guidelines to follow when installing them. We’d definitely not recommend a DIY installation, because there are a lot of considerations to make during the installation process. These include:
- What type of fire extinguisher should be installed on the premises? Is the rating on the fire extinguisher sufficient for the size of the premises?
- What is the most accessible place to place the fire extinguisher so it can be easily used in the event of a fire?
- Is the wall and the material its made of of sufficient strength to support the fire extinguisher? Are the mountings being used adequate?
- Are there any electrical cables or plumbing pipes behind the suggested mounting place for the extinguisher?
- Will there be plenty of people walking past or close to the extinguisher? Contact with people should be minimised to avoid bumping.
Fire Extinguisher Replacement
A fire extinguisher that isn’t in working order won’t be much use in the event of a fire. To keep them in top notch and functional condition, fire extinguishers need to be inspected regularly, and replaced if necessary. Glenco are here to help with maintaining your fire extinguishers so you have peace of mind knowing they’ll operate properly when needed.
Our expert technicians will check the pressure in the extinguisher, ensure all the working parts are working correctly and advise whether a fire extinguisher replacement is required.
Fire Safety Training
Fire Protection is not to be taken lightly, and neither is your safety. It’s important that anyone in the vicinity knows how to use these, so ensuring everyone in the property has fire safety training is also a good call. Don’t risk being unprotected, and make sure your property is fully fire safe. If you’re unsure of what is needed for your property, give us a call, and we will be able to advise you. Get in touch on 02 9700 996.
Benefits of a Fire Extinguisher
Fire extinguishers are a standard around commercial properties in Australia, particularly in the kitchens of restaurants and cafes. They’re popular for a reason, because they come with many benefits and have a solid track record of putting out fires that could develop into something more serious. Many domestic kitchens and homes also choose to have a fire extinguisher at hand, as it’s such an important safety tool. Here are some of the benefits of fire extinguishers:
- Portability: fire extinguishers are the most commonly used form of defence against a fire spreading. They’re small, portable and easy to use, allowing for quick and potentially life saving use when a fire starts up.
- Environmentally friendly: Because they’re so effective at limiting the spread of fires, fire extinguishers reduce the amount of smoke and pollution tnat is dumped into the environment by a fire.
Ease reliance on emergency services: Because they’re so effective at putting out fires, in many instances the firemen aren’t required to come on site.