You should never mess around with fire safety, and we don’t here at Glenco. That’s why we recommend the use of fire blankets in your home or business premises. Your home should always be a safe place. However, if proper safety and fire protection precautions are not in place, you and your family are vulnerable whilst in your home, not to mention the danger to your home itself.
We advise taking every step possible to prevent fire becoming a safety hazard in your home, and our professional electricians would love to have a chat about how to best protect your family and your colleagues. Fire safety is an ongoing process, rather than a one-off act. We’ll help you stay compliant and most importantly, stay safe. Get in touch with us now on 02 9700 996, because we can help with:
- fire blanket Sydney installation;
- fire blanket replacement;
- fire safety training;
- many more safety services.
What is a Fire Blanket
A fire blanket is a highly flame resistant blanket that is used to put out fires, or to wrap around someone who has caught fire. Made of a fire-retardant material, they work by smothering the fire and not allowing any oxygen to get to it. Small, compact and effective, they’re a popular choice of fire safety device.
Fire blankets are a great option for when you are cooking and working in the kitchen. Having a fire blanket handy means there will be no fuss when it comes to a fire breaking out. In the unfortunate event this does happen, you can quickly extinguish the flames with a fire blanket that is kept in a convenient location.
Benefits of a Fire Blanket
Fire blankets are a standard around commercial properties in Australia, particularly in the kitchens of restaurants and cafes. They’re popular for a reason, because they come with many benefits and have a solid track record of putting out fires that could develop into something more serious. Here are some of the benefits of fire blankets:
- Fire blankets are easily handled, making them more accessible and useful to people who don’t have the upper body strength to handle a fire extinguisher. Fire extinguishers can also be quite confusing, whereas a fire blanket is easy to use.
- A fire blanket is particularly effective at controlling a fire in the early stages. A pot of burning oil or some other kind of fire in the kitchen is best put out using a fire blanket. Throwing water on it can have disastrous effects, while using a pot lid could end up with you fanning the flames.
- Fire blankets are good for personal protection. If a part of your body or your hair, or anyone else’s in the kitchen, catches on fire, a fire blanket is the most effective way of putting it out.
- Fire blankets are small and compact. They don’t take up much room, yet for their size they’re extremely effective. Their versatility means they can be used in both domestic and commercial situations.
- A fire blanket is a cost effective solution. Not only are they inexpensive, they require no maintenance other than to be replaced once used.