Fans can be the solution to a number of ventilation problems in your home or building. Managing the quality of your indoor air isn’t just important for your comfort, it can also be essential when it comes to health and safety. In rooms like kitchens, laundries and bathrooms, you need to force air from the inside out, otherwise moisture, heat and smells can become a problem.
At Glenco, we have been installing and repairing ceiling and exhaust fans since we began back in 1988. Whether it’s a ceiling fan in your lounge or a large exhaust fan setup in your commercial kitchen, we’ve got the experienced electricians and the tools to get the job done. Our family-owned organisation places a strong focus on customer service, always aiming to meet your budget and time constraints.
If you’ve got a ceiling or exhaust fan installation that needs a qualified professional electrician to take care of, then please contact us. We often arrange special promotions on ceiling fans during the summer months, so give us a call on 02 9700 9996 to see if there are any specials or promotions available for your fan installation at the moment.
Ceiling Fan Installation and Repair in Sydney
Ceiling fans are amazing at creating an indoor breeze to cool you down. Ceiling fans often are in very visible places within your home or business, and for this, amongst other reasons, we’d recommend against doing a DIY ceiling fan installation. Rather get in touch with us. Glenco are the ceiling fan installation experts in Sydney, and can assist you with choosing an aesthetically pleasing ceiling fan that will look good and work correctly. Let’s look at some of the benefits of ceiling fans.
The Benefits of Ceiling Fans
- Ceiling fans are a big cost saver. You can leave them on all day and night, and you won’t get a nasty shock on your electricity bill. They simply don’t draw as much power as air conditioning units, so you can enjoy some respite in the summer months without having to worry about blowing your budget.
- Ceiling fans look great. They can actually be a standout feature of your decor, no matter the style of your home or business. There are so many models on the market these days, you’re bound to find something that looks good in your space and keeps you cool when you need it.
- Ceiling fans are convenient. There’s something pretty cool about being able to operate your ceiling fan and its light with a remote control. You don’t even have to get off the couch!
Things to Consider When Installing a Ceiling Fan
A licensed ceiling fan installation electrician should always be used when you’re installing your ceiling fan. Sometimes the electrical work involved can get complex, with difficult wiring and fixtures that need to be applied. A Glenco licensed electrician will ensure the job is done right the first time, so you can enjoy your ceiling fan for many years to come. We’ve completed thousands of ceiling fan installations across Sydney, so you know your job is in the safest hands possible.
When you’re planning the installation of your ceiling fan, let us know if you want something specific in terms of style or function. We’ll be able to discuss all the options with you. These are a few things to think about when deciding on a ceiling fan:
- Location: What room is the fan going into? Whereabouts in the ceiling would you like the fan to be placed? These questions will help you decide upon what style of fan you need and how big it should be.
- Ceiling Fan Light: Do you want a light as part of your fan? We’d recommend this for fans going into smaller spaces like a bedroom, but not for your larger spaces like a lounge or kitchen. The reason being there are already downlights or other lights in those spaces, so the additional light from the lower ceiling fan probably won’t blend in with them very well.
- Ceiling Fan Size: Your fan needs to be an appropriate size for the room it is in. A small fan in a big space won’t work very well, while a big fan in a small room will seem disproportionate.
- Style: Analyse the decor in your home, have a look at the ceiling fan options out there and see what fits in with your personal tastes and interior decorating best.
If you have any questions about the benefits of ceilings fans, or how Glenco can help you install them, Get in touch with us on 02 9700 9996.
Exhaust Fan Installation and Repair in Sydney
An exhaust fan is essential in rooms that are susceptible to mould, such as the bathroom and laundry. A professional exhaust fan installation will expel the damp air and steam that causes mould, preventing buildup and improving general comfort levels. Many people don’t realise the harmful effect stale air can have on people living in a property. Don’t subject your family or property residents to it, particularly if anyone suffers from allergies, headaches or asthma.
To clean the air in your property, strategically placed exhaust fans are essential. Glenco have over 30 years performing exhaust fan installations across Greater Sydney, so we can answer any questions you have about exhaust fans. One thing we would definitely recommend is getting a qualified electrician to do your exhaust fan installations.
A professional exhaust fan installation means the job gets done right, first time. This saves you time and money down the track, helping you avoid expensive callouts and replacements. There are plenty of exhaust fan options out there, and here at Glenco we don’t hesitate to recommend the IXL exhaust fan system. These combine an exhaust fan, a light and a heater, which is perfect for a main bathroom or ensuite.
Things to Keep in Mind With Exhaust Fan Installations
- Your exhaust fan will usually be the responsibility of the owner, however sometimes it can be strata responsibility. This is dependent on the specific building you live in. If you live in a house that you own, then you can install what you like. Check with your qualified Sydney electrician before making any decisions.
- Everyone likes the comfort an IXL provides, however there are lots of different types in this huge range, and some can push the cost of your job up significantly. Give us a call to discuss the various options for your property, particularly if budget is an issue.
- The site you want a fan installed will require a qualified exhaust fan electrician to assess the conditions before providing an accurate quote. This is because of all of the variables involved in these installations.
- Because of these variables, always make sure the exhaust fan you purchase to be installed in your property is appropriate. If you get Glenco to supply the fan for you, we’ll take care of this.
The Types of Exhaust Fan Installations we Perform
There are three main rooms in houses that require exhaust fans. These are:
Laundry Exhaust Fans:
Laundry appliances can be noisy, hence we often close the door to drown out the sound. Unfortunately this means there is no throughflow, so damp air from the dryer or washing machine builds up, forming condensation and mould. An exhaust fan successfully removes this air.
Kitchen Exhaust Fans:
It’s important to keep your kitchen well ventilated. Odours, fumes, steam and smoke can create moisture buildup and a generally unpleasant atmosphere.
Bathroom Exhaust Fans:
Definitely the room in a home with the highest level of moisture, bathrooms are very prone to mould and decay. It’s a room where hygiene is important, so the presence of unhealthy bacteria in the mould is not desirable at all. An exhaust fan will extract the moist air, keeping the room healthy as well as protecting the paint and fixtures and fittings.
Within these rooms, there are a variety of different types of exhaust fans we can install. These include:
- Wall Mounted Fans: If you don’t want to spend a lot of time planning your exhaust fan installation, these are for you. Installed in an external wall of your home, it drives the air from the inside to the outside through the exhaust fan.
- Ceiling Mounted Fans: These are mounted to the ceiling in a room, and expel the air upwards, often making use of the attic too. They’re great for rooms on the upper level of a home.
- Inline Fans: Thes exhaust fans make use of the ducts within a home to expel the air out of a room that’s difficult to ventilate.
- Lighting Fans: Like the IXL exhaust fan we mentioned earlier, some fans come with a light attached, allowing them to illuminate and ventilate.
If you have any questions about exhaust fan installation Sydney, please get in touch with us. Our electricians are trained in all aspect of exhaust fan repair and installation, and would love to help you out on your residential or commercial project.